Kell and I got tired of bouncing all over the interwebs looking for YouTube record stats. One guy doesn’t really update regularly, another site has stats only for certain groups, and when it comes to finding YouTube Like records… well, those are all over the place.
So Kell and I had this brilliant idea. Drop it all on one page at KpG and make it super easy for everyone to find.
You can’t really start any KPop MV records lists without including PSY, but since he’s a definite outlier, here’s a small list of facts that show why he really stands on his own and would skew my pretty, pretty lists.
|PSY||(As of August 29, 2017, many of PSY’s records were broken by Taylor Swift’s newest single “Look What You Made Me Do”, updates on Sep. 10, 2017 in pink)|
|Gangnam Style||#3 most viewed video on YouTube (2.947 billion)
#1 most viewed video by year of release (2012)
First video to reach a billion views (159 days)
#1 most number of days as #1 most viewed video (1689 days)
Held the most liked video title for almost 4 years (1444 days).
|Gentleman||#60 most viewed video on YouTube (1.110 billion)
#2 most viewed music video in the first 24 hours (36 million)
Fastest video to reach 100 million views (3 days)
(ft. Snoop Dogg)
|#37 most viewed video in the first 24 hours as of 1/29/17 (12.9 million)
#475 most viewed video on YouTube (302 million)
|오빤 딱 내 스타일
|#112 most viewed video on YouTube (702 million)|
|Daddy (ft. CL)||Currently at 300,796,090 views|
Now to get on to the numbers…
KPop Views Top 5 by Milestone
(HINT: Click the nifty little tabs at the top of the chart to change windows.)
We weren’t sure where to put this.
BTS has the 1st KPop Teaser to ever get over 1 million likes. Serendipity (Love Yourself Teaser) technically is a song, so we chose to stick it with the MVs for now. If getting over a million likes for teasers becomes a thing, we may create a new category in the future.
Speaking of likes…
BTS’s MIC Drop set a new record for the most liked MV in 24 hours, They crossed 2 million likes in just over 21 hours. At the 24 hour mark they had 2,055,976 likes. BTS’s DNA is now the second fastest to cross 2 million likes – it took DNA 4 days.
Overall Like Records & View Stats For People Who Like Spreadsheets
This is by no means an exhaustive list of MVs. In fact, it’s really only the ones that I could think of at the time I started looking them up. If there are any that you feel should be added, drop a comment and I’ll do what I can.
Records are sorted by group name and likes/dislikes ratio. Please use the tabs at the top to view the different lists.
Global YouTube Records:
- Most views in 24 hours: 43.2m — Taylor Swift — Look What You Made Me Do. — 28 Aug 2017
- Previous record: 36m — Psy — Gentleman — 13 Apr 2013
- BlackPink was the first Korean group MV to enter the top 20 at #20 of all time with 13.3m views in 24hrs — As If It’s Your Last — 22 Jun 2017
- Most viewed of all time: 3.64b — Luis Fonsi (feat. Daddy Yankee) — Despacito
- 2nd Most viewed — 3.10b — Wiz Khalifa (feat. Charlie Puth) — See You Again
- 3rd Most viewed — 2.95b — Psy — Gangnam Style
- Most Liked MV — 20.78m likes — Luis Fonsi (feat. Daddy Yankee) — Despacito
- Most Liked Korean MV — 13.3m likes — Psy — Gangnam Style — (3rd Place for all time
- Most Liked Video that isn’t music — 3.67m likes — uploader: whinderssonnunes — “Crianca de Rico e Crianca de Pobre”
- Note: whinderssonnunes also holds the 10th place for most liked video that isn’t music — 2.35m likes — “O Dia em Que eu Assisti Invocacao do Mal 2”